Fried vermicelli is one of dish that popular in some places. And in Indonesia, we call this as bihun goreng. The shape of vermicelli is like noodle but in this recipe, we will make rice vermicelli. Here is the recipe how to make fried vermicelli.
- Rice vermicelli, 150 gram (pour hot water then strained)
- Cabbage, 100 gram (chopped)
- Leek, 1 stalk (chopped)
- Water, 3 tablespoons
- Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, 2 (chopped)
- Red shallot, 2 (chopped)
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- White pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Sweet soy sauce, 4 tablespoons
- Fried red shallot
Directions to make fried vermicelli
- Prepare cooking pan then heat oil. Fry garlic and red shallot.
- Add cabbage and stir it. Add water.
- Put the seasoning, sweet soy sauce and cook the cabbage until the water absorbed and cooked.
- Add rice vermicelli into cooking pan and stir it well until the sweet soy sauce spread.
- Cook vermicelli until you get brown color. Remove it.
- Prepare a plate and put fried vermicelli in there.
- Sprinkle fried red shallot onto fried vermicelli.
- Fried vermicelli is ready.
- You can add meatball, shrimp or other vegetables to make fried vermicelli.