Yakiniku is one of way to cook in the Japanese food. That is mean, cooking grilled meat or roasted meat on the ember or griller. Yakiniku are included variety dish like meat, pork, innards, beef steak, lamb, and barbeque with dipper sauce. One of ingredient to make yakiniku sauce is mirin. Mirin is Japanese ingredient to cook just like making teriyaki sauce. Which it content alcohol 14%, and sugar 40 – 50%. You can find mirin in the Japanese store.
Yakiniku is often to be called as Korean barbeque. Nevertheless, Japanese yakiniku is often different than grilled meat from Korea, like the way to soak the meat. Most of people believe that yakiniku dish came from innards that called Horumonyaki. Horumonyaki was created by Korean immigrant in the Kansai area after World War second. Here is the recipe how to make yakiniku sauce.
- Beef sukiyaki, 400 gram
- Big onion, 1 (finely chopped)
- Green paprika, 1 (finely chopped)
Ingredient for dipper sauce:
- Garlic, 2 (grated)
- Ginger, 1 cam (grated)
- Japanese soy sauce (Kikkoman), 100 cc
- Mirin, 50 cc
- Sesame, oil, ¼ teaspoon
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar, 1 teaspoon
- White pepper, ¼ teaspoon
Direction to make yakiniku sauce:
- Mix all of ingredients to make yakiniku sauce.
- Stir it well until unite.
- Yakiniku sauce is ready to be used to grill your dishes.
How to cook yakiniku:
- Heat margarine then grill the meat or chicken meat, onion, and green paprika until done. Turn it side by side.
- Usually, yakiniku is served together with dipper sauce.
When you are going to grill your meat with yakiniku sauce, soak the meat into sauce for about 15 minutes.