Sate lilit is so popular in Bali, Indonesia. Probably, you often eating and making satay but sate lilit from Bali has special taste and it is become one of favorite dish in Bali. And if you want to taste delicious sate lilit from Bali, here is the recipe how to make it.
Ingredients to make sate lilit:
- Mashed chicken meat, 250 gram
- Whole white pepper, crushed coarse
- Salt, ¾ teaspoon
- Sugar, ½ teaspoon
- Egg, 1
- Young coconut, ¼ parts from whole coconut (grated)
- Red hot chili pepper, 4 (sliced finely)
- Orange leaf, 3 (sliced thin)
- Lemon grass, 15 sticks (cleaned and then slice the edge of lemon grass)
- Tapioca flour, 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil, 1 tablespoon (for greasing)
- Red shallot, 6
- Galirc, 2
- Kencur (Kaempferia galanga L.), 1 cm
- Ginger, 1 cm
- Ginger plant, 1 cm
- Roasted terasi (shrimp pasta), 1 teaspoon
- Whole white pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Coriander, ½ teaspoon
- Cumin, ½ teaspoon
Directions to make sate lilit
- Mix mashed chicken meat with mashed seasoning, white pepper, salt, sugar and egg.
- Knead the dough until soft and united.
- Mix it with grated young coconut, red hot chili pepper, and orange leaf. Stir it back.
- Prepare lemon grass and spread the hump of lemon grass with tapioca flour.
- Put 1 tablespoon of chicken dough and spread it. Shape it become round elongated like a pin.
- Do this to all of lemon grass and chicken dough.
- Roast the sate lilit and turn it side by side until the color changing to be brown and cooked.
- Spread it with little bit of oil. Remove sate lilit from roaster.
- Make up the sate lilit by cutting the edge of lemon grass.
- Sate lilit is ready.
- Sate lilit will be more delicious if you eat it with warm rice, and sambal matah.