- Fresh jengkol, 500 gram (peeled)
- Water, 3 L
- Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, 5
- Red shallot, 3
- Candlenut, 3
- Cloves, 2
- Cinnamon, 3 cm
- Nutmeg, ¼
- Whole white pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Brown sugar, 20 gram
- Salt, 2 teaspoons
Directions to make semur jengkol
- Boil water. After that, boil jengkol for about 10 minutes.
- Throw the water and substitute with 1 L. Boil the water and then add jengkol. Boil it again.
- Do this until 2 – 3 times. Then, set aside the jengkol. Crushed the jengkol till you get flat shape.
- Fry mashed seasonings until you get good smell.
- Add jengkol and stir it well.
- Pour water, 250 ml and boil it with small flame.
- Cook semur jengkol until the broth thick and the seasonings absorbed.
- Remove it from stove.
- Semur jengkol is ready.