Black noodle is called black noodle because it has black color. So far, yellow noodle is more popular than other variety of noodle and you can try to make black noodle by yourself if you want to taste other sensation, particularly if you are noodle lover. The taste of black noodle is delicious, tasty and yummy because black noodle is made from the mix of flour and the ink of squid. It inks that make the noodle become black.
- Two eggs and shake it
- Two table spoons of sago palm flour
- 200 ml water
- 30 ml khi water
- 500 gram flour
- The ink of squid from 750 gram small fresh squids
- 1 L water
- 1 table spoon of oil
- Mix the shake of egg and flour. Pour khi water then stir it. Add the ink of squid and stir it again.
- Pour water slowly and mix it until you get good dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts. Sprinkle each part by sago palm flour.
- By using noodle cutter, make all part of dough become thin until the thickness of dough 2mm. Sprinkle back the dough by sago palm flour. Cut the dough until it has shape as smooth noodle.
- Boil the water and add 1table spoon of oil. Afterwards, pour the noodle until 7 minutes in order to get soft noodle. Lift it and pour cool water onto the noodle.
- Black noodle is ready to be cooked.
- This recipe is for standard portion, 500 gram.
- Khi water is dust water to make the noodle chewy. It has no color and no aroma. It sold in the traditional market or China's grocery. Khi water has function to make noodle chewy and help flexing the noodle so that it will not break.
- Wash the fresh squid slowly so that the pouch of ink will not break.
- In order to get good black noodle, you suppose to use high quality of flour and fresh.
- Stir the dough of noodle until it is unite to get good black noodle.
- Sprinkle the dough by sago palm flour before and after grinding process.
Ingredients to make black noodle:
- 250 gram high protein of flour
- 6 heads of squid (do not throw the ink of squid)
- 75 gram sago palm flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tea spoon of salt
Ingredient for sprinkle
- 50 high protein of flour
- 1 table spoon of sago palm flour
- Blend the head of squid and its ink until smooth and soft by blender.
- Mix the dough of ingredients to make black noodle until agglomerate. Let it free until 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough of noodle until thin by using noodle grinder with the thickness no 8 (most thick is no 1). Afterwards, cut by noodle cutter. Sprinkle back the dough.
- Boil 1 L water and 1 table spoon of oil. Pour the noodle and boil it until soft.
- Black noodle is ready to be processed.