|Young papaya with long bean|
Commonly, people only consume ripe papaya than young papaya because the taste is sweeter. They also can make ripe papaya to be a glass of juice, pickle, cocktail, and eaten as fresh fruit. But, do not you know that young papaya also can be cooked as delicious dish? Especially if you cook young papaya with hot chili pepper.
Besides that, in order to make the dish colorful, you can add other vegetables so that it will stimulate your appetite. It is very simple to cook young papaya and you can serve it to your family members. Here is the recipe how to cook young papaya with long bean.
- Young papaya or green papaya, 250 gram (chopped or grated)
- Long beans, 200 gram (chopped)
- Carrot, 100 gram (chopped)
- Garlic, 2 (chopped)
- Red shallot, 2 (chopped)
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar, 1 teaspoon
- White pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Red hot chili pepper, 4 (chopped)
- Terasi, 1 block or 1 x 2 cm (terasi is a condiment made from pounded and fermented shrimp or small fish which it one of Indonesian seasoning) *optional
- Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Water, 20 ml
Direction to make young papaya with long bean
- Prepare cooking pan, then heat the oil. Sauté chopped terasi, garlic and red shallot.
- Afterwards, add carrot. Stir it well for about 2 minutes.
- Add grated young papaya and chopped long bean.
- Add salt, brown sugar, white pepper, and water. Then stir it well.
- Cook young papaya with long bean until cooked. Afterwards, remove and put into a plate.
- Hot young papaya with long bean is ready.