This time, I am going to share about how to make healthy vegetable dish for you. In Indonesia, it called as gado-gado. I said it is healthy dish because gado-gado uses green vegetables like spinach, long bean, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cabbage, sprout with peanut sauce.
The taste of gado-gado is unique and fresh because it comes from orange leaf and terasi. Terasi is one of secret ingredient that Indonesian people use when they cook in the kitchen. It made from dried shrimp and it has specific taste, besides that terasi can mash your vegetables. Here is the recipe how to make gado-gado.
- Lontong (food consisting of rice steamed in a banana leaf), 1
- Long beans, 50 gram (chopped 4 cm and boiled)
- Cabbage, 50 gram (finely chopped and boiled)
- Lettuce, 4 sheets
- Spout, 50 gram
- Young cucumber, 50 gram
- Fried tempe, 1 (quartered)
- Fried tofu, 1 (quartered)
- Boiled potato, 1 (quartered)
- Boiled egg, 1 (chopped into 6)
- Chips, (as you desired)
Peanut sauce ingredients:
- Fried peanuts, 30 gram
- Coconut milk, 250 cc
- Orange leaf, 1
- Red hot chili pepper, 3 (chopped and sauted)
- Fried red shallot, ½ tablespoon
- Fried garlic, 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind water, ½ tablespoon
- Salt, little bit
- Brown sugar, ½ tablespoon
- Terasi, ½ teaspoon
- Bay leaf, 1
Direction to make gado-gado
- Peanut sauce :Blend or pound fried peanut, red shallot, galic, terasi and red hot chili pepper.
- Put the peanut sauce ingredients and blended of fried peanuts into sauce pan. Boil it and stir it well until the oil from coconut milk come out. Remove from the flame.
- Preparation: put lontong, all vegetables, tofu, tempe, potato, and egg on the plate. Pour the peanut sauce onto plate and add chips.
- Gado-gado is ready.
Do not boil the vegetables too long so that you can taste the texture of those vegetables.