Soy milk is one of drinking that you can consume if you do not like cow’s milk. Because some people have allergy to cow’s milk, soy milk become alternative drinking. In general, soy milk contents vitamin B, niacin, vitamin E and vitamin K. Besides that, soy milk also rich protein and it is good for kid growth. Or, if you are vegetarian and want to get healthy drinking, soy milk will be good for you to support protein need. Here is the recipe how to make soy milk.
- Soy beans, 500 gram (washed)
- Warm water, 2½ L
How to make soy milk:
- Soak the soy beans in the water for about 10 – 12 hours.
- After the soy bean soft, remove it and strained.
- By your hands, release the skin of soy bean. Then wash it back.
- Put the soy bean into a basin and then pour hot water. Soak the soy bean for about 10 minutes.
- After the aroma of soy bean gone, throw the water.
- Blend the soy bean in the blender. And add 2,5L warm water. Let it cool.
- Filter the soybean using gauze then squeeze the gauze so that the dregs and soy water separated.
- Boil the soy bean with small flame. And stir it until boiled.
- Pour the soy milk into a bottle and let it cool.
- After the soy milk cool, you can keep it in the refrigerator.
- Plain soy milk is ready to be processed become vanilla soy milk, chocolate soy milk, or as you desired.