|Kunir asem or turmeric tamarind herb|
Jamu kunir asem or turmeric and tamarind herb is one of popular traditional herb in Java, Indonesia. Turmeric and tamarind herb has benefit to refresh the body, avoiding from dizzy, sprue, make your stomach calm, and smoothen menstruation. The main ingredient to make turmeric and tamarind herb are tamarind, turmeric, and palm sugar. You also can add lime water and little bit salt into turmeric and tamarind herb. Here is the recipe how to make turmeric and tamarind herb.
- Tamarind, 150 gram
- Turmeric, 460 gram (roasted and then pounded)
- Palm sugar, 300 gram
- Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 tablespoon
- Water, 2 L
How to make turmeric and tamarind herb:
- Boil all of ingredients and water until boiled. Stir it well.
- You can boil this herb for about 30 minutes or until you get 1 L tamarind and turmeric herb.
- After boiled, remove it and then strained.
- Turmeric and tamarind herb is ready. But it will be more delicious if you keep it in the refrigerator. And you can drink this herb while it is still cool.