Sate buntel is one of variant of satay that made from mutton. And it is pretty delicious to be eaten with warm rice and soy sauce with sambal. And here is the recipe how to make sate buntel.
- Mutton, 500 gram (minced)
- Fat net of goat, 100 gram
- Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, 5
- Candlenut, 3
- Coriander, 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind water, 1 teaspoon
- Brown sugar, 2 tablespoons
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
Soy sauce sambal
- Red hot chili pepper, 10 (chopped)
- Red shallot, 5 (chopped)
- Whole tomato, 1 (get rid the seed and chopped dice)
- Sweet soy sauce, 10 tablespoon
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice, 1 tablespoon *optional
- Whole tomato, 2 (sliced round)
- Red shallot, 5 (sliced)
- White pepper
Direction to make soy sauce sambal
- Mix all of seasoning until unite. Set aside.
Directions to make sate buntel
- Prepare frying pan and then fry blended seasoning until you get good smell. Remove it and then set aside.
- Mix fried seasoning with mutton then stir it well. Divide the dough become 10 – 15 parts.
- Pin the dough of mutton by skewer and shape it become oval elongated.
- Prepare net fat from goat and cut as long as sate buntel. Wrap sate buntel by net fat from goat.
- Roast the satay on the middle ember until cooked and has brown color. Turn the satay side by side. One minute before done, spread it with soy sauce sambal. Then roast it again. Remove it.
- Serve it with soy sauce sambal, slice of red shallot, tomato and sprinkle with white pepper.
- Sate buntel is ready.
- If you do not like mutton, you can substitute with minced beef.
- When the sate buntel half cooked, slice on some parts in order to make sate buntel cooked spread.