Siomay is one of popular dish from Indonesia. It is served together by egg, potato, tofu, and peanuts sauce. If you want to try to make siomay, here is the easy way to make siomay.
- Meat of mackerel fish, 300 gram (minced)
- Starch flour, 50 gram
- Broth of mackerel fish, 100 ml (boiled the bone of mackerel)
- Sesame oil, 1 tablespoon
- Egg, 1 (shaked)
- Leek, 1 stalk
- Garlic, 2 (minced)
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Sugar, ½ teaspoon
- White pepper, ½ teaspoon
Seasoning for peanut sauce
- Peanuts, 300 gram (roasted)
- Garlic, 4
- Hot chili pepper, 5
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Salt, 1 tablespoon
- Cooked water, 100 ml
- White tofu, 3 (steam for a while, chopped diagonally)
- Potato, 3 (steam, chopped quartered)
- Boiled egg, 1 (chopped quartered)
- Lime, 1 (sliced)
- Sweet soy sauce
- Spicy dish
Directions to make siomay
- Mix the meat of mackerel fish with broth of mackerel and mix it well.
- Add leek, garlic, sugar, white pepper, and sesame oil.
- Mix all of those dough until unite.
- You can make round shape for siomay and make it flat.
- After that, steam siomay for a while.
Directions to make peanuts sauce
- Minced peanuts then set aside.
- Fry hot chili pepper and garlic until withered. Remove it and then minced with sugar and salt.
- After that, mix with minced peanuts.
- Add water to make it thick.
Preparation of siomay
- Prepare a plate and then put siomay, tofu, potato and egg. Add sweet soy sauce and lime juice.
- Siomay is ready.